Augmented Reality has successfully invaded the tech marketplace. Read on to get an insight into augmented reality in healthcare. We are living in a tech-driven era. Technology is said to be more accurate with less error and hence is preferred by most industries. It has stepped-in almost all industries such as automotive, catering, oil and gas, construction and architecture, entertainment, education, gaming, real estate, and many more. Ar has been marking disruptive changes in retail, if you are curious to know, you can check here. The Healthcare industry is not away with the impact of Augmented Reality as well. Let us dive deep into Augmented Reality and Healthcare. For an amateur let us start with the introduction of this dynamic disruptive technology:
Augmented Reality preface:
Augmented Reality is an immersive technology that helps to embed computer-generated objects, graphics, sensor-based model in a real environment. To be precise, AR integrates digital elements in the real environment and gives a real-time feel to users. AR gives a highly interactive experience to users. The world is quick to understand the importance of Augmented Reality and embrace technology. It is one of the biggest technology which is rising at high speed with no signs of signing off. As per Statista, in 2015, 0.5 billion users were using mobile Augmented Reality, in 2020, 1.73 billion users are using mobile AR. It is expected by 2023 number of mobile Augmented Reality users will reach 2.4 billion. Some critical insights of AR in healthcare:
- According to Zion Market Research, the Global Healthcare AR/VR market will reach USD 5,115 Million by 2025. The estimate will be at a CAGR of around 29.2% between 2019 and 2025.
Uses of augmented reality in healthcare:
Augmented Reality in healthcare is all set to revolutionize the industry. AR has immense potential to reshape the industry and make it more convenient for medical professionals, companies, patients. It is expected that by the year 2020, the global market will reach a value of $1.5B. Smart technologies are smartly shaping the future of industries in this tech-influenced era. New AR technologies are helping surgeons to diagnose disease and assists in treatment. It lets medical professionals to quickly access patient information, hence speeds up the process. Augmented Reality keeps patients engaged and happy while treatment with the help of its robust, immersive, real-time technology. AR helps practitioners to better visualize issues. Let us have a look at the use of augmented reality in healthcare:
: Are you curious to know the case when AR is used for diagnosis? Many times, patients are not good at observing all symptoms and are not able to tell the symptoms clearly to the doctor. In such scenarios, augmented reality in healthcare helps patients to express their symptoms in a much better way. This significantly helps doctors to diagnose accurately without any loopholes. Let us understand with an example, A patient went to a nurse for an injection in a vein. In some people, it is quite complex to identify the exact location for a shot. Vein visualization helps clinicians in wide aspect. To, make the process exact and easy, an AR startup has introduced a robust solution. AccuVein is the AR startup in which a handheld scanner is used to see the exact location of veins. We will discuss more it later on.
One of the best uses of augmented reality in healthcare is in surgery. In surgery, surgeons had to cut the body to see the disease. But with the help of AR surgeons will get to visualize internal organs without opening the body prior to actual surgery. This process will be very valuable in the case of complex surgeries. This is possible by converting MRI data and CR scans into headsets.
In the healthcare field, practice is of utmost importance. Interns, as well as medical practitioners, needs to go through vigorous practice before stepping into the real field. Healthcare is a profession in which professionals cannot afford any mistake. A single mistake sometimes can cost the life of a person. The Healthcare industry uses AR to make practice more effective and impactful. AR is being introduced in the curriculum, to enhance the training of medical students while going through theories.
Top players using Augmented Reality in Healthcare:
Augmented Reality is claimed as the future of technology. Many of the companies are quick to understand the importance of AR and embrace it. Let us have a glimpse of the top 10 healthcare companies who have integrated this technology:
Image Source: https://medicalfuturist.com/top-9-augmented-reality-companies-healthcare/
- Brain power is for learners facing social-emotion challenges and suffering from issues such as autism, ADHD. The application uses Augmented Reality as well as AI to help such learners. It is MIT based company that started back in 2013. It has been actively helping brain-challenged learners with effective neuroscience solutions.
- For those who fear blood testing, seeing those pointed needles, AccuVein has brought a solution for you. It has made the process easy for medical staff. Patients with any body types irrespective of skin tone, age, size can use AccuVein. According to the company owner, AccuVein has successfully helped to increase patients’ motivation. It claims 39% pain reduction, $352,498 annual savings, 45% fewer escalations, and 350% first stick success.
- This company uses AR for improving surgical imaging with the help of a 3D AR view. Physicians get to interact with medical images in such a way that would be exactly similar to the experience of the physical object in the real world.
- HoloAnatomy is powered by Microsoft. Microsoft partnered with Case Western Reserve University and the Cleveland Clinic to develop HoloLens. It helps to get a 3D view of human anatomy. HoloAnatomy aims to revolutionize medical education.
Orca Health’s EyeDeci de:
- The company OrcaMD produces dynamic patient education apps. EyeDecide helps to simulate the vision of a patient who has some issues. It helps to aware patients about the clinical, and know about the disease and how it is going to impact in the future.
Augmented Reality in healthcare has undoubtedly created gigantic waves in healthcare industries and has successfully paved limitless opportunities. AR has lots of potentials to modify healthcare in the upcoming years. Startups are inclining towards Augmented Reality in healthcare. We hope you got a concise concept from this article, would love to know your view.
Does Your Business Need The Pinch Of Augmented Reality?
- Get Growth In Augmented Reality World
- Our vision is to make augmented reality reachable and achievable to small businesses globally.